This issue of Cowley Magazine takes up the topic of Prayer in addition to a MonasticWisdom for Everyday Living insert by Br. Geoffrey Tristram explores how Intercession brings us, and those for whom we pray, close to the heart of God.
Selected Articles from the Fall 2012 Cowley Magazine
- Do you pray every day? Br. Jonathan Maury outlines the wide variety of ways we might pray daily.
- Br. David Allen shares some favorite short prayers, with and without words.
- Br. James Koester explains how and why we might want to pray with icons.
- Recent SSJE intern, Rob Coulston, offers a historical and personal glimpse into the Daily Office.
- How do you find your vocation? In an interview, Br. Curtis Almquist shares the story of his experience of discerning his call to SSJE.
- Monastic Wisdom for Everyday Living: Intercession, Carried Close to the Heart of God.
- Letters from the Fellowship: Charlie Nichols, Christine Niles, Gerone Lockhart, and Henry Courtney.
Ways to read and share this Cowley magazine
- Open an online version of the magazine.
- Download a PDF copy of the magazine and the Monastic Wisdom – Intercession insert.
- Visit our online store to order reprints of either the the magazine or the Monastic Wisdom insert. You can order small or large quantities suitable for parish and prayer group use.
- Do you know someone who might like to receive a FREE subscription to the print magazine? Let us know here.
Tell us what you think of this Cowley Magazine in the comments below.
Comments, letters, or ideas for future articles welcome.
Cover photo: The hymn board in the Monastery Chapel, ready to guide the congregation in each of the day’s five prayer offices.