Brother, Give Us A Word

We have changed our Brother, Give Us A Word email so that it now delivers at 5 am local time – no matter where in the world you are.

So now you can start your day with Brother, Give Us A Word.

Let us know what you think.

1. Marion Foster on March 12, 2014 at 09:37

These morning words help me beyond measure. Thank you!

2. Linda on March 10, 2014 at 11:06

Heartfelt thanks to all of you.

3. Eleanor Brown on March 9, 2014 at 12:25

I haven’t received ‘A Word’ since 6 March and don’t know why.

• Reviewer on March 9, 2014 at 12:30

Thank you for asking Eleanor. A couple of things may help: if you have a spam folder, check to see if the message has been delivered there. Another thing which may help would be to add friends@ssje.org to your contacts.

4. EM on March 8, 2014 at 08:53

Is the Saturday offering a review of the previous three only or is there a new video and quests for today? Thank you.

• Editor on March 8, 2014 at 09:07

this is a compilation of the previous three. This will be the format for each saturday, to allow some catch up, or maybe some reconsidering in light of the effect of later videos.

5. Larry C. on March 7, 2014 at 06:39

I am missing something. I am expecting to hear John’s Gospel with a relevant example of some current event. Thus far I respect the Brothers’ comments but I don’t feel the connection.

• Kim on March 11, 2014 at 11:50

I think we are supposed to apply the question at the end to our own lives in relation to the Brother’s reflection. 🙂

6. Barbara A. Harris on March 1, 2014 at 09:40

Delivery at 5 am is great. The little bell that rings is a gentle reminder that my day is about to begin.

7. Brett Johnson on February 28, 2014 at 09:22

I continue to be so full of gratitude for these daily comments. They often re-direct my thinking throughout the day.

“Thank you” doesn’t quite cover it! You all are a gift directly from God to me. Huge thanks.

8. David Hollingsworth on February 26, 2014 at 14:50

About the time I get up in the morning.

9. Margo on February 26, 2014 at 12:17

I’ve never had a problem. One can always read yesterdays if one wakes too early.
    Thank you for the sight and for sharing with us. It is just wonderful to be able tor read some one else’s take on scripture that is so consistently good. Thank you.

10. The Rev'd Dennis Hayward on February 26, 2014 at 11:33

Super!
    I start my day about that time which is an hour earlier than you, but it gives me time to freshen up first.
    Again, thanks and may God’s Blessings continue to be on you all.