Love Life: Collaboration Conversation

This week’s videos will take up the theme of Collaboration. As you get ready for the week, we invite you to listen in on a conversation about Collaboration between the Novice Guardian, Br. David Vryhof and Brs. Luke Ditewig and Jim Woodrum. We hope their questions will start your thinking about your own, and give you a glimpse into the Brothers’ daily life as monks who look to the Gospel of John to guide their own lives of love. We hope this coming week will help you to #LoveLife.

Question:

Are you being called to collaborate with others or with God to be more fully alive?
Write your Answer – click here

1. Jane Anne Gleason on April 2, 2014 at 16:04

To live in the world we must learn to collaborate with others in our communities to accomplish the work we are given to do. The community might be our worship in, the community we work in, or the one we live in (both neighbors and family.) God has created us to be together not alone.

2. Sr. Donna Morgan on April 1, 2014 at 10:49

I find that recently I have been called by others to collaborate in our community and sometimes not in a positive way, but to affirm some negative observation about another member of the community. I found that I had to turn towards Christ and ask Him to show me how to respond to this and His answer was to look at how I could make experiences like this become positive by responding and acting in a more Christian like way myself and not waiting for the other to change, but to affect the change in myself and not have the expectation for change in others. I believe that we should treat all collaborations with others in our community in this way

3. Gloria Veltman on March 31, 2014 at 10:31

Yes, I think I am called. But it is not yet clear in what way.

4. steve on March 31, 2014 at 08:24

Love is felt when you give it. And when I become a blessing by offering love to a companion on my path then am I aware of that deep love that God has for me. I have life or purpose when I live for His purpose.

5. Kathy on March 31, 2014 at 01:00

I hadn’t called it collaboration with God but realize that is my prayer each morning – to show His love and compassion to all I come into contact – by seeing others through His eyes. So, definitely want to do better at collaborating with God. But also really agree with the Bros who spoke of collaborating with others- even those who challenge us ’cause we can learn and grow thru them.

6. Margaret Dungan on March 30, 2014 at 22:32

This is exactly what I think I am being called to do at this time. The ‘Word” made me feel as if I was being told to just get on with it
    Margaret.

7. Meg on March 30, 2014 at 22:15

What jumped out at me in the video was a statement that to me meant; we are called to revere the mystery of who another person may be and that no one is fully known to us. Therefore, revere others and reserve judgment and resist the folly of thinking we fully know them. Life has recently taught me this truth, in regard to someone I thought I knew and understood. How good it was to be reminded.
    I will begin the week with my friends and fellow teachers with fresh eyes and a more open heart. Keeping this focus will help me collaborate and cooperate more fully with other adults at work.
    Keeping this truth in mind will also open my heart to hear God’s words spoken to me about the people in my life…perhaps more loudly than my own words about them.

8. Beth on March 30, 2014 at 19:21

I feel the call to collaborate with both God and others. With God to do His will, and to be with others, in prayer, and service. As a Daughter of the King , this is part of our calling. As a member of the Community of Hope, being available to for others, in their need. Sometimes to just sit with, listen, pray, and remind them that they are not alone. We support each other in these ministries.

9. Mary Caulfield on March 30, 2014 at 19:16

I believe that God’s desire is for justice and wholeness of creation. I think I’m called to be as hungry and thirsty for justice and wholeness as God is. Perhaps I can’t vanquish everything that is wrong in the world, but I believe God is calling me to prefer justice in all of my choices.

10. John Okerman on March 30, 2014 at 17:11

I think I need to collaborate with God to become more spiritually alive but having others around me is very important. I find the people in our church are very caring and friendly towards each other and that provides an example of how I think Jesus would be if he were in our church. I also like the reminder of silence and how silence can make us more sensitive and attuned to the needs of others.

11. gwedhen nicholas on March 30, 2014 at 12:47

I think that God is calling me to collaborate with Him and others,to be more fully alive. He wants me to wake up and be alert, paying attention to Himself, others, and life itself. Although, I guess that God and life are really synonymous. Without God there is no life. He brings life to all of His creation. He is life through His love.

12. Denise Schroeder on March 30, 2014 at 12:07

I just returned from a woman’s retreat where during meditation, God called to me to come closer to him, allow other’s into my life and to embrace life. I am grateful to the women in my life and to God who encourages this fellowship.

13. Jim on March 30, 2014 at 09:55

Collaboration with both is probably what God wants for me. To see things differently requires me to be open to seeing things as others see them. My perspective can be skewed but hopefully with the help of God and others, it can become more “true”.

14. Barbara A. Harris on March 30, 2014 at 09:36

As a Daughter of the King a and member of The Episcopal Community am called daily to collaborate with others. Even this Lenten discipline is a form of collaboration enriching all our lives.

15. Br. Stephen Francis Arnold, OSB on March 30, 2014 at 07:48

As a monk, OSB, and as a Chaplain, I believe God is calling me to combine both pursuits to enliven my life with God.

16. Margie Faulkner on March 30, 2014 at 07:18

I pray I do follow where He is leading and I pray I listen to Him and others and they help me grow in Him.

17. Christopher Epting on March 30, 2014 at 06:59

Today I will “collaborate” with a congvregation, priest, and vestry to see how THEY can be more fully alive!

18. Michael Kolenick on March 30, 2014 at 05:45

I have to say both; because God works through our hearts through the Holy Spirit, but he also works through others to communicate his will to us.