Practices for Contentment

Check out these practices to help you get in touch with contentment in your life:

Can you give thanks for what is throughout your day?

How do you fill the time when you’re waiting?

What are you living for?

Contentment_Exercise

Click here to download the printable PDF.

Will you share your index card Rule of Life with us? Add a comment below!

1. Rhode on June 26, 2016 at 08:41

i am living to grow in God

to honor His presence everyday by being some sort of blessing to someone

to figure out what true righteousness is and does

2. Bo Davis on June 23, 2016 at 11:40

To experience the creative presence of God
    Be in communion with those around me
    Enjoy the relationships that incorporate my life

3. kathy gallagher on June 22, 2016 at 20:46

my morning prayer consists of thankfulness for my family, my grandchildren, my garden, my books, my friends, and my body which still enables much activity.

my noon prayer consist of thankfulness for all that has been in the day thus far.

my evening prayer consists of hopes for the next day.

my most difficult prayer is for patience and for the embrace of waiting.

4. Anneclaire Le Royer on June 22, 2016 at 19:29

Eucharistic Adoration, Rosary, Mass at the little French church near to my home.

Singing to to the glory of God.

Being in nature — photographing in Montreal Botanical Gardens, or by the St. Lawrence River, or working in my community garden plot.

5. Carole on June 22, 2016 at 17:56

1. I’m getting healthier. I have less pain than I’ve had in many years.
    2. My spiritual growth. SSJE has been a big help in spurring my growth along with bible study and a new spiritual director.
    3. God has been faithful to me. “All I have needed His hands have provided.”

6. Laura Vaughan on June 22, 2016 at 17:41

To offer love back in the world.

To be a place of refuge for those who need it.

To be present to those in front of me.

7. MeMe on June 22, 2016 at 17:06

Family — treasuring moments; making more memories; praying for them; trying to always remember they are a precious gift from God and that He loves them more than I ever could
    God — to be more with Him, in whom I should live and move and have my being (yes, this should be number one but I’m still working on that)
    Grace — looking for it everywhere, sadly when I can remember to, which may be in others or nature or art or music or stories or sometimes even the Internet

8. Linda on June 22, 2016 at 08:48

Making provisions for my husband.

Spending time with family.

Growing in God with friends.