There are many ways to read and share this Cowley magazine, which takes up the theme “Praying with the Fourth Gospel”:
Read an online version of the magazine.
Download a PDF copy of the magazine.
Click on the links below to read selected articles.
- In the Monastic Wisdom for Everyday Living insert, Br. Keith Nelson reveals through his own experience how reading and praying with John’s Gospel can allow each of us to see the ordinary, challenging, and even painful events of our lives as signs imbued with meaning.
- Professor in New Testament at Virginia Theological Serminary, John Yieh gives a close look at the Johannine vision of Christian community as an embodiment of God’s love in Christ.
- Br. Jim Woodrum offers practical suggestions for how we can meet Jesus in prayer thoughout our day, every day.
- Tambria E. Lee, Chaplain at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, introduces various ways we might pray with John’s Gospel.
- How could a modern dance class open the way to a monastic calling? Br. Nicholas Bartoli shares his vocational journey to SSJE.
Would you like to receive a print magazine or know someone who might like to receive a free subscription to Cowley? Let us know here.
Tell us what you think of this Cowley Magazine in the comments below.
We welcome your comments, letters, or ideas for future articles.