Week 6 Compilation: We Declare to You

We are pleased to share this compilation of the sixth week’s videos, which take up the theme “We Declare to You.” We hope this compilation will help you to catch up on any videos you might have missed, as well as to provide an easy way to share the week’s videos in a group. We’d love to know how this week went for you!

Week 6 Day 1: Sent into the World

Week 6 Day 2: Serving Others in Love

Week 6 Day 3: Laying Down Our Lives

Week 6 Day 4: The Witness of the Evangelist

Week 6 Day 5: Declaring What We Have Seen and Heard

Week 6 Day 6: Proclaiming Our Hope

1. RA Lee on April 1, 2018 at 00:31

It has been a while since I had as beautiful a Lenten practice as “Meeting Jesus in the Gospel of John”. At once point I even “gave up Lent for Lent”, just slightly tongue in cheek. From its arrival addressed To: a beloved child of God and through the weeks I read and listened and wrote. Now I am impatient to greet our risen Lord at sunrise tomorrow “Alleluia. Christ is risen. The Lord is risen indeed. Alleluia.” Thank you Brothers.

2. Kim Cook Gesmundo on March 30, 2018 at 23:23

I found the series personal, “real” and enlightening. Thank you so much for it! I visited the house in Durham many times years ago and would encourage everyone at some point if they can to do a silent retreat. It is so powerful. I also was able to spend Holy Week at the Durham House….such a beautiful experience. I have such wonderful, heartfelt memories of Eldridge, Brian and Paul! Such a beautiful part of my life. Blessings and Happy Easter to all at SSJE.
    Kim Cook

3. Sandra G on March 26, 2018 at 07:39

Thank you, Brothers for this wonderful Lenten series of reflection and prayer. I have learned much.

4. Alison Inglis on March 25, 2018 at 19:40

Thank you for gifting us with this beautiful Lenten series! I cherish it and will revisit it! Jesus is my Savior and my Healer. He came to me after a suicide attempt 41 years ago when I was in a mental hospital in England. I was surrounded by an ephemeral light that was so warm and so bright and utterly supernatural. From that moment I started to come alive again – to be able breathe and to think and to feel again. He gave me LIFE!! He has continued to transform my life all these years. Because of Jesus I am well today. Amen

5. Margaret Dungan on March 24, 2018 at 20:12

I have been following the words and guidance of the Brothers for some time and found it a wonderful resource
    of enlightenment and encouragement but this series has made this Lent the most powerful that I can remember in a long life. My sincere thanks to all the Brothers who by their prayers and diligence have made this possible.
    I am also grateful for all those who participated with their contributions and made me see things that I might have missed otherwise

• Bishop Hollywood on March 24, 2018 at 22:11

This was truly a great series. I have been reminded of so much over the past 6 weeks. I have been reminded of how much God loves me and is with me always. Whenever I need help, he is ready, willing and able to help me with whatever I’m dealing with. Isn’t it a great thing to know that the Creator of everything,cares about us so much that he’s right there all the time. This week as well as the past 6 weeks have been truly amazing. I saw and continually see God in everything because God is everything, just in different forms. When one realizes that statement alone. It changes everything. May God continue to bless and keep all of us.

6. James D on March 24, 2018 at 20:09

During this devotion I have become closer with God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit as they have become closer with me. The six weeks went by so quickly as my intimacy with the Holy Trinity slowly but surely became stronger. I enjoyed reading everyone’s comments and wish everyone a joyous Easter season.

7. Bryan Cook on March 24, 2018 at 18:25

This has been my second Lenten journey with our beloved Brothers and with all of you, my companions. Emails lost their electronic anonymity and our sharing became so very real and personal. I tried to reign in my own tendency to intellectualise and preach dogmatically. I found myself leaving my skeptical self at the door and was much enriched as a consequence. I wish you all serenity this year and hope we can meet again on a pathway of devotion. God Bless.

• Stan on March 24, 2018 at 22:23

I’m with Bryan. This has actually been my 3rd year in a row receiving the SSJE Lenten program of daily emails, which have almost made me look forward to Lent for the past couple of years. And like Bryan, I’ve poured over all of the comments, and I had previously always added a comment or two each day of my own, as a self-imposed discipline, even to the point of occasionally getting involved in a short back-n-forth with someone. But this year, I decided that I’d just shut up and open my mind and soul to what was being said, and I reflected, rather than replied. And I found that to be much more uplifting than spouting my own thoughts. Thank you!

8. B Willard on March 24, 2018 at 18:04

Traveling with the Brothers and all of the faithful followers this Lent has been a moving experience for me. Each day has led me in a spiritual path. In this particularly difficult Lent for me, some of your offerings have left me weeping as my heart is opened to experience more deeply my own fears and love. And, hey, that’s a good thing! Thank you all.

9. Peg S. on March 24, 2018 at 17:57

Thank you for this series. It has meant so much this season.

10. Bev Cone on March 24, 2018 at 15:41

I, too, have been very blessed to be a part of this series. I feel as if I know all the Brothers. Your words inspire me each week.
    Thank you.

11. Keith Aldred on March 24, 2018 at 15:32

I’ve just been reading a survey of young folk in Europe. The majority do not show any connection to Christianity. May we bring them before God in our prayers and may they respond to his love.

12. Hugh Luckhurst-Smith on March 24, 2018 at 02:14

Thank you collectively for this wonderful way to remind us yet again for God’s unconditional love through the letters and gospel of John. The different perspectives within the weekly theme were often very challenging, but taken as a group each week aided my Lenten journey. As a baby boomer, I applaud your use of the media to spread your views well beyond your walls..even Down Under. Praise be to God, and blessings.

Hugh

13. Don Setzer on February 26, 2018 at 22:09

We have a men’s Bible Study on Friday mornings and we cover every single subject. There are between 8 and 15 of us each week and we share our beliefs and questions. Good thing that is is for men as we can cross the important subject of marriage and sex very openly! Good to have these discussions as it clears one’s mind and subjects on the heart with Christian fellows!

14. Karen Thorpe on February 20, 2018 at 22:26

John 3:36 The paradox of the scriptures – He who believes in the Son has eternal life, but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.
    Also in the gospel on love.
    And what about all those children who live in Syria, the Rohinga, those girls taken by Bokoharam those who starve to death, indigenous children in Canada whose identity was stripped, they were abused byt those very ones who talk about the love of God
    – my dark night of the soul – what chance do they have?

• Richard Dixon on March 24, 2018 at 13:46

I know where you’re coming from Karen – you’re asking the question “if god is a God of love, how come there’s so much suffering” aren’t you. That’s such a tough question, too much for me. Have a look at William Lane Craig on a website called ‘Reasonable Faith.org’ he’s a wonderful godly man who seeks to deal with this issue. I remember asking a Minister I trusted “Does God weep at the cruelty he sees in his world”. His reply was, “Yes, I believe he does, but he’s a God of love, and makes all things right”.
      God bless you Karen

• Richard Dixon on March 24, 2018 at 13:53

Dear Brothers, I want you to know how much I’ve enjoyed this series. Seriously, I couldn’t get out of bed fast enough to see what the new day had brought! For me the last week was the most challenging and I’m still wrestling with questions I need to answer.
      May I point out that I took your advice and passed each week’s work on to a godly couple for their comments – they were so excited about it, your ‘stuff’ challenged them too!
      Thank you Brothers, God bless you!

• judy on March 24, 2018 at 18:55

I remember when my brother, who wanted to be a minister, was killed in Vietnam and I said to my godmother “How could God let this happen to one so devoted to Him?”. My god mother replied, “I taught you better than this! It has nothing to do with God; it has everything to do with the depravity of man”.
      It was a hard lesson for me to learn, but I did learn.