Brothers under a Mystic roof
By Susanna Young | April 26, 2016
“So why do you think people find the choice you’ve made to be such a novelty, even a kind of scandal?”
“I think, it’s because this is a hidden life,” Brother John Braught says, “Many people don’t even know that monks still exist.” He continues, “People don’t know what it is, or what happens here. So there’s a kind of monk mystique behind the enclosure.” Tall and made more so by the length of his black habit, Br. John Braught is one of three Society of Saint John (SSJE) brothers who’ve agreed to speak with me for forty minutes each on this chilly Maundy Thursday of Holy Week. – See more at: newbostonpost.com/2016/04/26/brothers-under-a-mystic-roof/
A Day in the Life of Br. Geoffrey
Please enjoy and share this video about a day in the life of Br. Geoffrey. The Brothers are grateful to the Office of Communication of the Episcopal Church for making it.
Interviews with the SSJE Brothers.
- We Need God Together – A Conversation about Vocation with Br. John Braught
- Vocation Is the Journey – A Conversation about Vocation with Br. Robert L'Esperance
- Called to Wholeness of Living: A Conversation about Vocation with Br. Jonathan Maury
- The Best Fit – Br. David Vryhof
- Three Calls: A Conversation About Vocation with Br. Mark Brown
- Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Generosity, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control – A Conversation About Vocation with Br. James Koester
- Desire, Belonging, and Finding the One
- "Taken at the Flood" A conversation about vocation with Br. Geoffrey Tristram